Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Camp

Sometimes it really pays to submit. Last winter, when Curt enthusiastically said yes to performing a wedding for two of our former college students, I wasn't sure it was such a good idea. We already knew we were moving to Houston and I didn't think we'd want to drive back up to Irving just a month after leaving. I'm very thankful that my husband didn't listen to my initial hesitations and that I didn't press the issue until he finally broke! (Am I the only one who does that sometimes?) It ended up being a huge blessing.

On Friday night we drove straight to the wedding rehearsal at First Irving. Jackson and I sprinted toward the church office where we found the Hartsfields and the Murrells, who were helping host a marriage conference at the church that night. Incidentally, it was the same place where we had to say goodbye to them a little over a month ago. What had been a tearful place was now the site of much squealing and laughing!

Jackson and Ella ran around the office and mirrored whatever the other was doing. With that kind of synchronization, they might have a future in pairs skating or ballroom dancing. Later we took Jackson and Ella into the nursery and Jacks was thrilled to get to play with Miss Lauren. While Curt directed the rehearsal, I sat with Krystal and got to hold sweet baby Klaire, who was born just days before we moved. Krystal, I enjoyed getting to catch up with you so much! I look forward to seeing you and the girls again in June when you come to Houston.

After the rehearsal, the Jones family headed over to the Lazos' house. The Lazos graciously opened up their home to the second Great Toddler Invasion of 2008. We had a blast making up for five weeks worth of missed playdates and togetherness. The Hartsfields spent the night on Friday and it was like having family camp. Sunni recapped the weekend perfectly here. It was so much fun!

I had one other major reason to be happy about going to North Texas last weekend. One of my BFF's since high school, Jennifer, had her firstborn only a week ago. She and her family live in Fort Worth and we got to swing by their house and meet Baby Jaylee. She is precious! I am so happy for her mommy and daddy! Jackson and Curtis played in the Sheffields' backyard to keep any toddler germs far from the baby. The yard had a little bit of mud in it, but I wasn't worried. Ha! Somehow my son managed to face plant into the mud. He laid there for about ten seconds while we watched in amazement. It was like something you'd see in a movie. I could not stop laughing! Thankfully, it really didn't make that much of a mess.

We are back in Houston now and I have two more babies to meet - Ryland Elizabeth and Seth Daniel. Thank You, Lord, for these three little miracles! I do not use that word lightly! I am praying for miracles for several more friends and am absolutely believing God to give them the desires of their hearts. They know who they are! I love you!

I must complete this post by giving a shout out to another one of my BFF's since high school, Sabrina. Happy belated birthday to you, my dear!

13 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

It was an amazing weekend!!! I see many more slumber parties in our future! It was such a fun time and I can't tell you how great it was seeing you guys.

Christi said...

Sounds like a blast of a weekend! Glad you enjoyed it and had the chance to reunite! I'm glad our husbands don't think in emotional (what we see as logical) terms sometimes!
Peace out!

Holly said...

Are you wearing a fancy version of twist-a-beads?? I just wondered, 'cause jellies are coming back...and twist-a-beads should certainly follow!

And BTW, Curtis and Ava make a very sweet picture! I'm praying that one day (in the right time) God brings a beautiful bow-headed darlin' to your home :)

Glad you got to hang with friends! See, it does get sweeter, doesn't it?

That dip looks YUMMMMMY!!

Heather said...

Time with friends when you've been apart is extra sweet and special. Glad you got to have some great time with some great friends!

Unknown said...

I thought you had fallen off the face of the bloggy earth!! Always good to have an update on you and yours. (I'm guessing you're really busy with the new place and probably with the family!!) I hope all is going well. Cathy

Jenna said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend. So glad y'all got to have a reunion. Those do a heart some kinda good!!

Fran said...

Makes returning "home" a whole lotta fun when its that good!! :)

Glad y'all had such a great time!
What did ya think about the movie??
Dying to know if it was funny!

Have a great week Amanda!
Fran

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Family Camp was fun! We were in withdrawal today. We ate sushi at Central Market, and thought of you guys!

Kelly said...

I already told Sunni this but I'm so jealous of your fun friend and food filled weekend - especially the guacomole and spinach dip. My mouth is watering as I type.
Also - thank you for your heart to pray for your friends wanting babies. I don't think any of them could thank you enough for your prayers!

Natalie Witcher said...

Don't cha just love babies! I lather my 4 month old in Baby Magic all the time! mmmm

connorcolesmom said...

YEAH!!
Weddings and babies and friend reunions - well it just does not get better than that!!
Much love,
Kim

Unknown said...

Love your recap... I read and laughed out loud about Jackson and his muddy facial!

Okay, so hope you are blessed. Love to you!

Blessings.

Kristin said...

Sounds like such a fun time with friends!! I read both Janelle and Sunni's recaps as well. God is good to bless you with such great people in your life! Now I'm looking forward to seeing Baby Mama!
~Kristin