Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ouch!

It's been a rough day. Jackson is determined to force me to wean him. He will not stop biting me no matter what. This has been going on for some time, but today was my breaking point. It's horrible. It's both very painful and upsetting. He and I have been in tears all day. Sobbing, actually. I imagined weaning would be a slow process, but if he keeps this up I can't see myself lasting another 24 hours. And to make matters worse, I am ready to drop one feeding and subsitute it with a bottle of formula. But do you think he wants to drink from a bottle? No. And he sure as heck isn't going to even try the formula. So I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Tomorrow is a new day. We'll see what happens. Advice and prayers are welcome.

Here are some of Jackson's developments from this week:
-He pulled up at the window sill and moved over to another piece of furniture (which was right next to him, but he still had to move!)
-He's holding out his hand to people who approach him. He's on his way to waving, I think.
-He's chewing his crib. If you see little white specks on his face it's the paint. Idiot me bought a crib that is irregularly, however beautifully, shaped and can't have a crib guard.
-Yesterday he learned how to sit himself down. He practiced all day. This means I don't have to rescue him every 5 minutes! Yay!
-His bottom side teeth are on their way in.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Girl...I am right there with you. I am just now reading your post. How was Thursday and today? I e-mailed you back. Did you get it?