Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If a dog is like a two-year-old...

I recently heard someone say, probably on TV, that dogs are like two-year-old children. It's really driving me crazy that I can't remember where I heard it. But that's not the point. Curt and I like to discuss whether Jackson has exceeded Beckham in intelligence and, if not, when it will happen. I won't get into our current opinions. But this latest bit of info has me thinking about what life would be like if I had another baby when Jackson is two years old. If Beckham really is on the same level as a two-year-old child, then I can assume several things.

A) When I call baby #2's name to see if he or she (let's face it, #2 will be a he) will crawl over to me, Jackson will come running as fast as he can.

B) Jackson will enjoy giving very slobbery kisses to baby #2.

C) Baby #2 will enjoy grabbing Jackson's hair and lips. Jackson will sit there and take it like a champ until Mommy sees it and rescues him.

D) Instead of resenting the new division of attention, Jackson will take on the role of #2's guardian and best friend. He will practically never leave #2's side.

3 comments:

jlarsonrn said...

I just happened upon your site this weekend and I'm slowly making my way through the archives. I'm a siesta since before the term was "born"! =) But, I wanted to say that this post is hilarious considering you're now expecting #2 and it's a GIRL!!! Can't wait to "meet" this little one. Hugs from one mom to another.

Lucy said...

Okay, AB is here . . . so?! How are things progressing? Just curious :o)

Lucy said...

Okay, AB is here . . . . so? How are things progressing? Curious about the hair and lip thing. :o)